COVID-19 UPDATE 03/16/2020
To our Optimal Motion family and friends,
The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our highest priority. Optimal Motion is closely monitoring recommendations and protocols established by the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local health departments in regards to COVID-19 in the Northern Virginia area. Currently, our doors remain open at this time and will continue to update our patients of any changes.
We have always been committed to following the CDC’s best practice guidelines for cleaning our facility and treatment areas but have recently taken additional precautions to ensure the safety of our patients. Our clinic has added extra equipment cleaning measures to our existing daily cleaning protocol and continue focus on existing hygiene routines to help prevent spread.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues and waste baskets are available throughout our clinic, at the front desk, private treatment rooms as well as our open gym area.
- There are two bathrooms located outside of our suite available for hand washing before and after your appointment.
- We have added additional cleaning cycles throughout our clinic each day.
- We will clean our credit card machines and pens used for sign-in after each use.
We are asking our patients to:
- Stay healthy and safe by following the CDC’s guideline on good hygiene:
- Use a tissue to cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze or cough into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Scrub your hands often for 20 seconds with soap and warm water. If you cannot find soap and water use an alcohol-based hand cleanser.
- Please give our office staff a call to cancel/reschedule your appointment if you fall into these groups:
- If you present with a fever, cough, and/or trouble breathing (respiratory distress), please contact your healthcare provider or a local health department for assistance.
- If you have recently traveled (flight/cruise) or had close contact with someone who recently traveled to an affected area and was sick, please contact your healthcare provider or local health department for assistance.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please follow your healthcare providers orders. We also ask that you cancel/reschedule your appointments no sooner than 14 days after your symptoms are completely gone.
- If you have had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please schedule your next appointment no sooner than 14 days after your contact with them. (if family/household member, 14 days after they are symptom free)
We will continue to waive charges for all illness related cancellations. Please be safe and keep well in this challenging time. Here are a few links and contact information that you may find helpful:
Virginia Department of Health: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/
Fairfax County Health Department: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus
Loudoun County Health Department: https://www.loudoun.gov/health
Yours in health,
Optimal Motion Family