COVID-19 UPDATE 03/30/2020
To our Optimal Motion family and friends,
The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our highest priority. Optimal Motion is closely monitoring recommendations and protocols established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health department. Please find below additional updates and reminders from our clinic on how we can continue to treat our patients in a safe and healthy environment.
Physical Therapy Appointments
The Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a memorandum and associated guidance designating physical therapists as “essential critical infrastructure workers”. Physical therapy services play an essential role in keeping people we can help, out of doctor offices and emergency rooms to support in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently accepting appointments in office for our patients. Our clinic has added extra equipment cleaning measures to our existing daily cleaning protocol after each patient to help prevent spread.
We ask you to please stay home if you fall into the following groups:
- If you present with a fever, cough, and/or trouble breathing (respiratory distress), please contact your healthcare provider or a local health department for assistance.
- If you have recently traveled (flight/cruise) or had close contact with someone who recently traveled to an affected area and was sick, please contact your healthcare provider or local health department for assistance.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you cancel/reschedule your appointments and follow your healthcare provider/local health department’s orders.
- If you have had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please schedule your next appointment no sooner than 14 days after your contact with them. (if family/household member, 14 days after they are symptom free)
* Please see our previous letter for details.
Virtual Telehealth Visits
We understand the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has brought concerns to all of us about making sure we take care of ourselves, our families and those around us. While we continue to see patients in person under CDC guidelines for cleaning practices, we are now also offering virtual appointments to our patients! These visits are offered online through your phone, laptop, computer or tablet! Click here or contact our office at 703-665-1444 or email@example.com to find out more information!
We will continue to update our Optimal Motion family and friends as we receive more information. We thank you all for your support and look forward to seeing you soon!
Virginia Department of Health: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/
Fairfax County Health Department: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus
Loudoun County Health Department: https://www.loudoun.gov/health
CISA Memorandum: https://bit.ly/3bobJkV
Yours in health,
Optimal Motion Family